Vacations are all about making memories and spending quality time with your loved ones. So if you are planning a seaside holiday soon, why not try some of the exciting adrenaline-rushing activities there? Most of these are fun-filled activities that are perfectly safe for families with kids. So, whether it is kayaking in the calm waters of the Caribbean Sea or enjoying a super-exciting banana boat ride in Bali, you can make water sports an integral part of your travel itinerary.
7 adventurous water sports you could try on your next vacation:
- Scuba diving: If you have been to the Caribbean islands or the Andaman Islands, you probably have already tried this one. Scuba diving is sure to get your adrenaline pumping and heart racing. It can be the perfect stress buster and offers you an incredible opportunity to explore the marine life underwater. Whether it is swimming with the fishes, admiring the mind-blowing coral reefs, or bumping into sunken treasures, scuba diving is something that you should not miss.
- Snorkeling: This can be another fascinating way to explore the breathtakingly beautiful coral reefs. The activity can be done comfortably on your own or with instructors and proper snorkeling kits when you are holidaying with eager kids. The blue lagoons in the Riviera Maya, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, are some popular snorkeling destinations. You can hire a boat to head out to those areas of the waters that can offer you a variety of marine species; you will be delighted to find the octopus, colorful fishes, and stingrays too.
- Windsurfing: For those of you who have never tried windsurfing, this should be on your bucket list. It involves a combination of sailing and surfing and can offer you the thrill of two water sports in one activity. Just make sure you have great balance to really enjoy this sport; you don’t want to topple over every few seconds!
- Kayaking: If you are vacationing at a seaside resort, take the kayak out on a serene afternoon to spend a leisurely hour in the calm waters. This can be more therapeutic and relaxing than spending an hour in the spa. Paddling through crystal-clear waters, exploring scenic lagoons while basking in the warm afternoon sun, and feeling the cool breeze through your hair can be the perfect way to unwind. While everything about kayaking sounds relaxing, you will be surprised at how this activity can make you work out your arm and core muscles.
- Jet Skiing: This has to be the most popular water sport activity for families with kids. All you must do is hire these water motorbikes for an hour or so and ride the waves at incredible speeds. This guarantees a hugely exciting and action-packed experience. The best part is you don’t need any kind of training before hitting the waters!
- Banana Boat Ride: This one is for the adventure-seeking tourist; you will always hear shrieks coming from the boats in mid-water when the driver suddenly overturns the boat. You simply have to hold onto the boat tightly and enjoy this rollercoaster ride.
- Parasailing: This gives you the chance to take off from a boat and literally fly up into the sky above the mesmerizing ocean waters. The view from that height is spectacular to say the least and you will not get tired of clicking pictures on your camera!